Fitness Kickboxing Workout

I was very pleased with this workout. The production values of the video are just okay (sometimes the music is louder than the instructor, and in some shots you can see the other camera and also people going up the stairs behind the curtain), but the workout itself is great. I have been doing kickboxing videos for over a year and I doubt whether I could have done this workout without having tried other less challenging ones first. The cardio section has great combinations - challenging enough without being too difficult to follow. If you're a beginner and find this too challenging, then try something like "10 minute solutions" kickboxing with Kelli Roberts 10 Minute Solution: Kickbox Bootcamp, , and then after getting used to the basic moves you can go back to this video and try again. My only concern is that the instructor's arms on her hook punches look a little high, and some of the moves look a little "dance-y" but other than that I love this workout.

Some info - the workout itself is about 45 minutes, not a full 55 minutes. 5 minute warm-up, 30 minutes of cardio, 10 minutes of core strengthening, and then the last 10 minutes shows short lessons on the proper form for the punches and kicks.
I really love this video. I wish they explained the moves and kicks a little more. But I'm kind of clumsy, :) Which is why I gave it 5 stars. All I know is this has gotten me into an exercise form that I don't do with dread.

No comments :

Post a Comment